Once an order is routed from the Retailer's store to the Supplier's store, the Retailer loses the ability to cancel the order. However, Retailers can still request that the Carro team cancels the order if unfulfilled.
When a cancellation request is submitted, the Carro team will check the status of the order-
Not Fulfilled: Carro will cancel and refund the order.
Fulfilled: Carro will not cancel the order but will notify the Retailer via email that the request to cancel was declined.
Important Note: Ignore this message: "Carro Partnerships declined the request for cancellation. Learn more". This shows up by default after submitting a cancellation request but is not a true indication of the outcome. If your request is actually declined (b/c the item has already been fulfilled), Carro support will reach out to you via email to let you know that it was declined.
How to Submit a Cancellation Request:
1. Open your order tab in Shopify.
2. Select the order you want to submit for cancellation (only if unfulfilled).
3. Click on the 3 dots next to the line item you would like to cancel.
4. Select "Request cancellation".
5. Add a reason (*optional) and click "Request cancellation".
6. Wait 1 business day for a status update.
1. Why can't Carro cancel fulfilled orders?
This is to protect the Supplier from fulfilling an order and then losing money on a refund. If you'd like more time to review your orders before they're routed to your Supplier partners for fulfillment, please check out Delayed Autofulfillment.
2. How long does it take for the Carro team to respond to a cancellation request?
At most, it will take the Carro engineers 1 business day to take action on a cancellation request (usually it's faster during office hours).
3. Should I submit a cancellation request and refund the order?
No, please only submit the cancellation request, don't submit a refund. If the cancellation request is approved by Carro, we will also automatically take care of the refund.
4. Can I reach out to my supplier partner directly to ask them to cancel?
Yes, Carro encourages you to have an open line of communication with your partners. Your partner may also be able to provide special accommodations regarding the order that Carro cannot. You can find all of your partner's contact information in your Partners tab.